Captains profile: Chloe Neagle Yellow House Captain

What do you hope to achieve this year in your role?
When I applied to be a Yellow House Captain, I wanted to make sure that I was approachable. I just wanted to be someone that anyone could come up to and have a chat, and it’s going really well. I’ve gotten to know a lot of the kids in Yellow House and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. The main thing that I wanted to achieve however as a House Captain, was to show that you don’t have to be athletic at all to be in the role, and it’s your enthusiasm that counts.

Who is a leader that you admire and why do you admire them?
One of the people that I admire most is actually a student at this school. I have known her since we were little kids and at a very young age she had to suffer the horrific loss of her parents. Her family took her in, only to force her out again in her teens. Despite everything she has been through in her life, all the adversity and heartache, she still comes to school every day with a smile on her face. She is the most independent, remarkable and bubbly person I know and I respect her so much for that. She may not be a famous leader, but she is certainly a role model of mine.

What are some of your future goals?
My biggest goal at the moment is to go to university to study medicine next year. I always loved science and anatomy and as a kid I wanted to become a doctor so I could help my sick Nan. I hope to get into the field of medical research so I can help develop vaccines and cures for diseases, and make my Nan proud.