Mr Lachlann Carter, CEO of the organisation, 100 Story Building will be joining Mooroolbark College as ‘Principal for the Day’ on Thursday 7th September.
www.100storybuilding.org.au Lanchlann will be working with visual communication students, the students from the Writing for Writers class and our school student leaders. We look forward to welcoming him into the College.
On Friday 8th September parents and guardians will receive access to their child’s Interim Reports and access will also be available to book Parent Teacher Interviews held on Wednesday 20th September. A reminder that students are not required at the College on this day so they can accompany their parents/guardians to the interviews. Interim Reports are a snap shot of your child’s progress at a point mid-way through Term 3. If you require your login details for Compass please contact the College on 9727 8100.
Currently we are part way through our four year review of our current Strategic Plan. On Wednesday 23rd August the College Leadership met with our reviewer Carol Every, Duncan Cant from DET, Carol Wells, College Council President and two highly experienced Principals to start the review process.
Some of the key issues discussed included:
- NAPLAN growth data
- VCE data
- Assessing against AUSVELS (Vic Curriculum)
- The importance of moderation, collaboration and a documented (guaranteed and viable curriculum) in high performing schools
- Student voice in the classroom
- Data literacy of staff to inform the teaching and learning program
- What do we value at Mooroolbark College? How do we model it?
- Student opinion survey data
Our review continues next week as we further explore the College’s achievements over the past four years and set our goals and targets for the next four years.