Stephanie de Vincentis- Red House Captain

What do you hope to achieve this year in your role?
Throughout 2018, my aim is to continue to help achieve a positive culture whereby each individual feels welcome and happy to come to school. Although school can be challenging at times, it should be accepting of each student’s individuality and  interests. As school can open many doors for a person, I aim to improve my leadership skills with the many opportunities that the college offers, including community events. 

Who is a leader that you admire and why do you admire them?
I admire Walt Disney, because his kind of success and influence was not easy, and it couldn’t have happened without ceaseless hard work and unwavering beliefs in his dreams. Disney came across multiple business setbacks and almost no formal training in art. However, he saw these not as failings but as things that helped him to be the great visionary and businessman that he became. Disney is a clear example of how perseverance and belief in not only yourself but what you want to achieve in life is evident.  

What are some of your goals for the future?
After I complete Year 12, I aim to complete a course in either University or TAFE to help kick start a pathway in a career of my choosing. I also would like to travel around the world and experience different cultures the world has to offer. 

Final sentence for readers.
“Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening'”- Nelson Mandela