Jonty Just – Green Middle house captain

Captain Profile Questions
What do you hope to achieve this year in your role?
This year in my role as Middle School Green House Captain, I would like to do a lot of things to make Green House the best House in the school (even though it is the best). I want to get to know kids in year levels 7 to 9 in Green House and be an approachable person. In doing this, I want to be a good role model that these people can look up to. I really want to encourage them to be their best self and get them involved in house activities (Green House cup, athletics carnival, swimming carnival etc.) I also see this role as a good opportunity to develop skills like public speaking, problem solving and leadership qualities, which I could, then take into the working world after school.

Who is a leader that you admire and why do you admire them?
One leader that I admire is Ricky Ponting, former Australian International Cricket Team Captain and player. Ricky was an inspirational leader who led by example on and off the field. He always had time to help everyone with their batting even with all the stresses and responsibilities of being captain and a player at the top level. From what I have learnt reading Mitchell Johnson’s biography, he was a great guy that was never afraid to speak up for what he feels right and that’s one quality I admire. He is an inspirational player and captain that I look up to as a great leader.  

What are some of your goals for the future?
 I have a few goals for the future in and out of school. One goal that I have is that in my role as Green House Middle School Captain I want to leave a legacy of what I have done for Green House and hopefully lead my house to a house cup win.  Academically I would like to achieve a high distinction in both semesters. In my cricket outside of school, I want to play cricket at representative level for Ringwood district (cricket association.) For the future, I would like to pursue a career in sports management, so working with sporting organisations such as the AFL, Cricket Australia and even in other sports overseas.

Final sentence for readers.
There is one motto that I live with every day and will finish with, “Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise” (Frank Ocean.) Also, Go Green House 2018!