Welcome back, I hope everyone has had a wonderful festive season, with plenty of time with family and friends.
I would like to extend a warm welcome to all our new students and their families.
At the beginning of 2019 welcome many new staff to the College.as follows;
Michelle Colette—Green House Leader (Physical Education)
Tristan Dunkley (Science/Maths)
Michael Esheta-Mulugeta (Koori Mentor)
Ryan Exon (Maths/PE)
Kerry Furnell (Curriculum Support)
Abbie Hansen (PE/Outdoor Ed)
Jade Hubben (PE/Maths)
Ron Jooss (Humanities)
Jamila Lopez (Literacy and Numeracy Aide)
Paula Llewellyn (Curriculum Support)
Andrew Nyhuis (English)
Katherine Reynolds (Science/Maths)
Jenny Roberts (Curriculum Support)
Mia Sund (Robinson) (English)
Michael Taylor (Maths/Science)
Tim Wallace (Maths)
On Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th January the College staff worked together to prepare for 2019. As well as analysis data and planning, we worked as a school community thinking about what we hope for our students for the future and the commitments the staff have made the College and its students.
At times parents need to contact specific people in the school.
Adam Lorkin – Assistant Principal
Student Wellbeing & Engagement
Samantha McIntosh – Assistant Principal
Professional Learning & College Operations
Rachael Williams – Assistant Principal
Teaching and Learning & Resources
GREEN HOUSE LEADER – Michelle Colette
- Green House Cluster Coordinator (1 – 3)
- Green House Cluster Coordinator (4 – 6)
- Green House Cluster Coordinator (7 – 9)
YELLOW HOUSE LEADER – Matthew Bell
- Yellow House Cluster Coordinator (1 – 3)
- Yellow House Cluster Coordinator (4 – 6)
- Yellow House Cluster Coordinator (7 – 9)
RED HOUSE LEADER – Sarah Rosendale
- Red House Cluster Coordinator (1 – 3)
- Red House Cluster Coordinator (4 – 6)
- Red House Cluster Coordinator (7 – 9)
BLUE HOUSE LEADER – Andrew U’ren
- Blue House Cluster Coordinator (1 – 3)
- Blue House Cluster Coordinator (4 – 6)
- Blue House Cluster Coordinator (7 – 9)
- STUDENT WELFARE COORDINATOR
– John Nichol
- COLLEGE CHAPLAIN
– Gill Van Der Ende
CURRICULUM LEADERSHIP/TEACHING AND LEARNING
DIRECTORS OF CURRICULUM
Matthew Donald and Christina Gibson
- English KLA Coordinator – George Dimitra Lyons
- Humanities KLA Coordinator – Chris Hanneberry
- Language KLA Coordinator – Jonas Bahlo
- PE/Health KLA Coordinator – Allie Grey-Smith
- Maths KLA Coordinator – James Taylor
- Science KLA Coordinator – Skye Jennings
- Technology KLA Coordinator – Andrew Dingey
- The Arts KLA Coordinator – Matthew Neil-Holland
SENIOR SCHOOL AND PATHWAYS
SENIOR SCHOOL LEADER – Jenny Roache
- VCE Leader – Luke McCormick
- VCAL Leader – Tracey Lackman
- Dannielle Keogh – Red House
- Eva Woodward – Yellow House
- Maria Pisano – Blue House
- Jodie Tilley – Green House
LEARNING SPECIALISTS OTHER CURRICULUM POSITIONS
- Curriculum Support Leader – Kelly Ayton
- Numeracy Leader – Zac Parr
- EAL Coordinator – Charlie Chaturapornkul
- Aspire Coordinator – James Taylor
- Asian Literacy Coordinator – John Nichol
- Work Related Skills Coordinator – Tracey Lackman
- Library Coordinator – Nicola Mackey
YEAR 7 PARENT/GUARDIAN BBQ & COMPASS INFORMATION SESSION
BBQ Thursday 7th February 2019
Time: 6.00 – 7.00pm
INTRODUCTION TO YEAR 7 PROCESSES & COMPASS TRAINING
Optional: 7.00 – 8.00 pm in Library
This is a great opportunity to meet some of your child’s teachers in a relaxed and informal environment.
SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHS – MONDAY 11TH FEBRUARY
Information to purchase photos will be posted on Compass for families to order photos.
Please ensure your child is in correct full school uniform on the day.
COLLEGE SWIMMING CARNIVAL
The College Swimming Carnival will be held on Monday 18th February at Croydon Swimming Pool – a heated outdoor venue on Hewish Road, Croydon. Students will be bussed to the venue.
All students are fully included in the College program and are expected to attend; no alternative program is running at the College.
Students are encouraged to come dressed in clothes with colours supporting their particular House.
Students will depart from Mooroolbark College at 9.00am and return for a 3.00pm dismissal.