JAYAN HARTWICK  – GREEN HOUSE CAPTAIN

What do you hope to achieve this year in your role?
As a Captain, I hope to be able to influence my peers to embrace their individuality and to assist and encourage each student to use their voice within our community.  I also want to have a better relationship with everyone in Green House and be someone that is approachable to others. I want my role as a captain to be a way to help others build their confidence and feel safe at school.

Who is a leader you admire and why do you admire them?
A leader that I admire is Malala Yousafzai.  Malala was only 15 when the Taliban shot her for her activism for women to attend school. Malala is a prominent activist for the right to an education and is a strong female figure that proves that no matter what your circumstance your voice, your right and your life does matter.

What are some of your goals for the future?
After school, I want to study at Monash University in the area of Global Studies and Law to become a human rights lawyer, specialising in third world countries. I aim to study abroad for a year to gain knowledge of other cultures. My main goal is to be in a line of work, which aims to improve the living standards for everyone.

Final sentence for readers.
We are all incredibly lucky to live in a country where education is available to us, make the most of your time at school and do not be afraid to be yourself. There is more to life than popularity.