Kyle Wahrenberger: Arts Captain

What do you hope to achieve this year in your role?
Hello, my name is Kyle Wahrenberger and I am one of the Arts Captains for 2019. Currently I am in Year 10 and was in the Aspire class of 2016, 2017 and 2018. This year I am hoping to be able to help the Arts program continue to grow bigger and better. My personal goal is to further support and develop the MMADDD squad within our community, and nurture its future directions.

Who is a leader that you admire and why do you admire them?
Personally, Kyle Chalmers (Olympic swimmer for Australia) is a leader I admire. I admire him because when he was young he was diagnosed with a heart disease that made his road to the Olympics so much more difficult.

What are some of your goals for the future?
My goals for the future include having a happy family and gaining a job that I am happy with. I am prepared to work hard on my studies in order to achieve these goals and have been asking my teachers for extra help and advice to set these goals in place. I am looking enjoying Semester Two and embracing all the opportunities that will help me support myself and our school.

Jaymie Cathie: Arts Captain

In my time as Arts Captain, I hope to broaden the Arts community within the school and strengthen our Arts programs for the benefit of all students. I believe there needs to be further recognition for all aspects of the Arts at Mooroolbark College and that is something I am striving for, and will continue to strive for after my time as Arts Captain has ended. Mooroolbark College is known for its broad academic success including excellence in the Arts.

I admire Princess Diana. In her time, Diana was involved in dozens of charities, raised awareness and advocated ways to help people affected with HIV/AIDS, cancer, and mental illnesses. She changed the way people interacted with those affected. She made them feel accepted. Although Diana is no longer with us, the legacy that she left and the causes she fought for continue through the work of her children and others.

During the rest of my time at Mooroolbark College, I would like to successfully complete VCE while continuing to participate in College productions and the instrumental music program. I want to see the Arts continue to grow into something even better than it has ever been before. After graduating, I wish to go to university and study music and secondary education, to have a career in education, teaching maths and music.

Final sentence for readers.
The world is a complicated place, and there’s a lot of division between people. The performing Arts tends to unify people in a way nothing else does.” – David Rubenstein