The year 7 Aspire class started the year with excitement and challenges. As well as getting to know each other and becoming familiar with the school, the class has been busy engaging in lots of work! They have competed open-ended Numeracy tasks and started their first CAT with Mrs Salmon in Maths, they have had a Library introduction and started Independent Reading with Ms Garnaut, enjoyed PE with Mr Lorkin, completed an Escape Room activity and introduction to Science with Mrs Raven and lots more! But don’t take my word for it – here are some of the highlights from our students!

Kara Salmon
ASPIRE Coordinator

“So far in Aspire I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone and making new friends. One of my favourite things we have done so far is the escape room with Mrs Raven and working together with all of my classmates. I’m really looking forward to new challenges and working really hard. I am very excited for ASPIRE this year!” – Matilda Sleeman 7A

“So far out of Aspire I have most enjoyed the friendly teachers and how they have welcomed all the year 7’s. My favourite activity that I have completed was peer support because we had year 9’s teaching us and we also got to do a scavenger hunt. I have made new friends, Morrison and Jax. I am looking forward to doing some cooking for food studies.” – Micah Cove 7A

“I’ve loved being in Aspire as it is a like a little community where everyone wants to learn and help each other. Even though we haven’t done many experiments, I have been loving science. It’s really exciting learning about the equipment because I know soon we will be doing really cool experiments with that equipment. The escape room was fun too. Maths would have to be a close second as I just really love maths in general. I’ve made quite a lot of friends during these 3 weeks I have been at school for. It’s great having new friends, but I have been missing the old ones. I’m looking forward to all the excursions we get to go on, like being able to go to Cambodia and China. I am also really excited for all the other subjects we have that you don’t have in primary school like woodwork, food studies and technology.” – Thomas Stafford 7A