What do you hope to achieve this year in your role?

As captain of the college, I will endeavour for the improvement of the school community and culture amongst the students. It is my goal to make time in the college as enjoyable and positive for the students as possible. By introducing certain events such as my lunch time radio-show, MC FM, I aim to make the ‘vibe’ in the courtyard fun for my fellow students, whilst providing a bit of commentary and entertainment along the way.

Who is a leader that you admire and why do you admire them?

Since watching the documentary, ‘The Last Dance’, on Netflix, I have had a great admiration for the Michael Jordan and his impact on his teammates. The attitude he had in being the best ever was truly inspirational, and his desire to make his teammates better, and push them to reach their full potential, was also a big standout. These qualities are what I try to emulate every day, to give my 100% to everything I do and to help people to be the best they can be.

What are some of your goals for the future?

Once I finish year 12 this year, I am going to be taking a gap year, and hopefully travel over to England to play cricket during their summer. Fingers crossed the situation improves over there, as it has always been a dream of mine to play cricket in England. I will likely then attend Uni, work a part-time job, and enjoy life while I am young.

Final word for readers

As a lover of surfing and the beach, I have always valued the saying “the best surfer out there is the one having the most fun”. This in many ways is so true, because enjoying what you do every day is key to life. Stay cool everyone, let’s have a grouse year!