Green House started 2021 with a BANG! We were all keen to see us get off the bottom of the House Cup ladder so we set our motto for 2021 to be “Green House – Number 1 in 2021!” 

The enthusiasm and commitment from the students at the Swimming Carnival was outstanding. Our academic results from the end of 2020 were incredible and at the first count, we were number 1.  

We have since had the House Cross Country and Athletics Carnival where our participation was a not quite as good as the Swimming Carnival. Hopefully at the next assembly we are still in the top 2 spots and we can finish strong in Semester 2. I’d ask all Green House students to make a huge effort in Semester 2 and obtain points through merits and other extra-curricular opportunities. 

We have awarded four value awards this year for either Resilience or Respect. It is good to see the Green House students displaying our four school values every day. Congratulations to our values winners from Term 1: 

• Jazmine Hosie 
  • Mika Jetajobe 
  • Tristan Dzioba 
  • Mitch Haywood 

We are fortunate to have four amazing and committed house captains this year. 

Mia Caruana: Middle School Captain 

1. Favourite TV series: Gilmore Girls. 
  2. Favourite food: Strawberries.  
  3. Why you chose to apply to be a Green House leader: To build confidence, experience, and gain new skills!  
  4. Best moment so far as a leader: The best moment being a leader so far is helping out with school tours and spending time with my friends/ other leaders at GRIP leadership. And lastly, the swimming and sports’ carnivals.  
  5. How do you want to be remembered: I want to be remembered as me, Miss Colette’s favourite student and a friendly student always there to help others! 

Belle Gavin: Middle School Captain 

1. Favourite TV series: I do not actually watch enough tv to have a favourite show but my favourite movie is Inside Out.
  2. Favourite food: My favourite food would have to be any and all types of pasta, especially carbonara.
  3. Why you chose to apply to be a Green House leader: I like to perceive myself as a role model to younger students and have always loved helping around the school environment. I have always loved to challenge myself by seeking every opportunity, taking up the position as a green house leader was going to be my next challenge. I knew I wouldn’t see myself regretting taking the position and I’ve loved undertaking all types of new experiences. 
  4. Best moment so far as a leader: During this year, I’ve already accomplished so much as a leader but some of my favourite moments were helping Year 6 parents and students around on school tours, and when I was granted with the opportunity to do a speech at the college open night. These are things I have thoroughly enjoyed doing and I’m looking forward to the rest of the year. 
  5. How do you want to be remembered: My goal for the year as a leader was to be remembered for frequently putting myself out there and trying everything. By making an attempt to undertake any house challenges, taking opportunities to do public speaking, and helping absolutely anyone when in need.

Caitlyn Kavanagh: Senior House Captain 

1. Favourite TV series: Greys Anatomy
  2. Favourite food: Pasta
  3. Why you chose to apply to be a Green House leader: I wanted to be a green house leader so that I could help students out around the school yard and to feel that in my last year at Mooroolbark, I got to create a supportive environment in Green House.
  4. Best moment so far as a leader: Definitely the sports carnivals
  5. How do you want to be remembered: I hope to be remembered as someone that people can come up to talk to and be approachable. Most importantly, I hope to be remembered as one of the Green House Captains that won the house cup.

Joshua McMeekan: Senior House Captain 

1. Favourite TV show: Prison Break 
  2. Favourite food: Ice cream
  3. Why you chose to apply to be a green house leader: I chose to apply for green house captain because I wanted to be a role model for other students within the school, I wanted to have a voice in school activities and most importantly, I wanted to help green house win the house cup in 2021.
  4. Best moment so far as a leader: The swimming carnival because student participation was high and I feel like it went really well for both me as a leader and for green house as well. 
  5. How do you want to be remembered: I would like to be remembered as one of the captains who led green house to victory in the 2021 House Cup!

Michelle Colette
Green House Leader