Mooroolbark College: a place to inspire discovery, to value and to seize opportunity. Wilam duwi yaggon-iet, gahgook ba gunga nanbo
College Vision & Beliefs
We will deliver an established, yet evolving curriculum that contains excellent academic programs and diverse courses of study. Students at the College will develop the foundations that lead to their choice of higher education, further study and career attainment.
- We believe in a safe and inclusive environment.
- We believe in developing life skills, adaptability and resilience.
- We believe in mutual respect for diversity and tolerance.
- We believe in equal opportunity to develop as a whole person socially, intellectually, emotionally, physically and personally through a wide variety of experiences and choices.
- We believe that good communication is essential to developing effective relationships within and beyond the College Community.
- We believe in having a passion and curiosity for lifelong learning.
Teaching & Learning Norms
We strive to deliver a teaching and learning practice:
- which provides a supportive and productive learning environment building positive relationships through a culture of value and respect.
- where teachers have high expectations of their students in their achievement.
- where teachers provide regular and constructive feedback that supports further learning.
- where teachers are flexible and adapt to the diverse talents and learning styles of students.
- where students are challenged and supported to develop higher order thinking skills and application through powerful questioning and reflecting, investigating and problem-solving.
- that promotes independence, interdependence, self-motivation and collaboration.
- that builds on students’ prior knowledge, skills and experiences.
- where teachers use technologies to support students to engage with contemporary knowledge and practice.
The college is committed to traditional values:
Mooroolbark College has developed a new School Wide Positive Behaviour Value program.
The college is committed to the following four values as part of our School Wide Positive Behaviour: