What a fantastic end to the year in the Aspire program with our graduating Year 9 class hosting the “Aspire Adventure Day” for our Year 7 students. The Year 9 students, aided ably by Mr Parr, worked hard throughout the term to plan the activities – they even ordered a special lunch! Students needed to work in teams to design, plan and produce activities that would be suitable, enjoyable and challenging for our Year 7’s. Mr Parr and I were so proud of the enthusiasm and leadership skills that the Year 9 students showed and I’m sure the Year 7’s appreciated your efforts. 

The day provided opportunities for our Year 7’s to work collaboratively in teams to complete a variety of challenges. It was pleasing to see students working well in their groups, showing enthusiasm participating in the tasks and giving 100% effort the whole day. 

At the end of 2022 we farewell or graduating Year 9 class. Well done to you all for the endeavour you have shown during your 3 years in the program. I hope that as you enter Year 10 and VCE, you feel well equipped to deal with the challenges ahead. Congratulations and best of luck for the future. 

This will be my final year as the Aspire Coordinator as I move into my new role as the Mathematics KLA Leader in 2023. I would like to thank all of the students and parents that I have met during my time in the role for their enthusiasm and support of the program. I wish all of the Mooroolbark College community a safe and happy holiday and look forward to seeing you around the College in 2023. 

Kara Salmon 

Aspire Coordinator and High Ability Practice Leader