Mooroolbark College: a place to inspire discovery, to value and to seize opportunity.
College Mission & Beliefs
- We believe in a safe and inclusive environment.
- We believe in developing life skills, adaptability and resilience.
- We believe in mutual respect for diversity and tolerance.
- We believe in equal opportunity to develop as a whole person socially, intellectually, emotionally, physically and personally through a wide variety of experiences and choices.
- We believe that good communication is essential to developing effective relationships within and beyond the College Community.
- We believe in having a passion and curiosity for lifelong learning.
Teaching & Learning Norms
We strive to deliver a teaching and learning practice:
- which provides a supportive and productive learning environment building positive relationships through a culture of value and respect.
- where teachers have high expectations of their students in their achievement.
- where teachers provide regular and constructive feedback that supports further learning.
- where teachers are flexible and adapt to the diverse talents and learning styles of students.
- where students are challenged and supported to develop higher order thinking skills and application through powerful questioning and reflecting, investigating and problem-solving.
- that promotes independence, interdependence, self-motivation and collaboration.
- that builds on students’ prior knowledge, skills and experiences.
- where teachers use technologies to support students to engage with contemporary knowledge and practice.
The college is committed to traditional values:
During 2018 Mooroolbark College is developing a new School Wide Positive Behaviour Value program.
Staff and Students will work together, discussing a range of possible values they see of high importance to help create positive school wide behaviour.