Camps & Travel
Year 7 Camp – Forest Edge
The Year 7 camp is to the beautiful Forest Edge Adventure Camp. Located 70mins from Mooroolbark in the country town of Neerim. The camp is nestled in magnificent native bushland, bordered by a fresh flowing river and towering eucalyptus gums. The camp runs mid Term 1 as an opportunity for students to help settle into high school by getting to know other students and staff in a fun and exciting environment.
There are a multitude of activities on offer – An enormous 400m long flying fox, high and low ropes course, river sledding, bush cooking, mountain boarding, archery, disc golf and numerous team orientated challenges.
Forest Edge is one of the most sort after school camp destinations and we are thrilled to be able to offer this as a camp to our Year 7 students.
South Australian German Heritage Tour
The LOTE Faculty at Mooroolbark College is very pleased to announce that a 5 day tour to South Australia has been organised. The trip is open to all interested Year 8 students, especially those intending to continue with their German studies. Students studying Mandarin are also warmly invited.
The purpose of the trip is to study the history of German settlement, which began early last century in South Australia. Students will learn how the German settlers contributed to the development of the state. At the turn of the century 10% of the population in South Australia was of German heritage and there is still much evidence of the German settlement, which began in 1838.
Accommodation: The Old Mill – Main St. Hahndorf
Students will be accommodated in luxury Bavarian-style chalets with en-suites, TV and kitchenettes. Meals, including breakfast, will be served at the Old Mill Bistro, except when a restaurant meal out is indicated on the itinerary.
Tasmania Road Trip
Mooroolbark College will be visiting the Convict Isle. Year 9 students always eagerly seek this very popular 5 day tour, which can accommodate approximately 80 students.
There will be an exciting itinerary with all costs included. Below is an outline of what your child can expect if they decide to join us.
- Crossing Bass Strait on the Spirit of Tasmania, including a main meal, dessert & a drink.
- Port Arthur – Day and Ghost tour
- Remarkable Cave
- Zoodoo Wildlife Park
- Honey farm
- Blowhole and Devil’s Kitchen
- Huon River & Tahune Forest Airwalk and suspension bridge walk
- Cataract Gorge and chairlift (ticket cost included)
- Marakoopa Caves and the Glow Worms
- Launceston, the Botanical Gardens monkey enclosure
- Cadbury’s shop
- Mini golf and jumping pillow at Tamar Valley Resort
- Hobart shopping
- Flight from Hobart to Melbourne
Central Australia Tour
The approximately 10-12 day tour ensures students enjoy a comprehensive outback experience, including many famous sights and landmarks.
- Spending a night under the stars during our bush camp
- Uluru (Ayers Rock) and a visit to the Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), following the Valley of Winds trail
- Discovering the Garden of Eden and the Lost City in Kings Canyon
- Ellery Creek Big Hole, taking advantage of the spectacular swimming hole
- MacDonell Ranges, stopping at Simpson’s Gap and Ormiston Gorge, visiting the Royal Flying Doctor Service and the School of the Air, before enjoying a classic live Reptile Show
- Sleeping underground, following a tour of Coober Pedy
The camp cost includes transport, food, accommodation, admission to National Parks and services, games and activities, a group photo and a camp T-shirt.
Victorian West Coast Tour
This tour has a focus on the connection between students and with teachers, in preparation for the trials of Year 12.
The itinerary has been designed to be high energy, fun but also to offer an opportunity for reflection and personal growth. The 6 day tour departs in early December, ensuring students enjoy a once in a lifetime bonding experience with their future Year 12 colleagues.
Itinerary may include:
- Urban rock climbing and inflatable water park at Melbourne Cable Park,
- Swimming with Dolphins in Anglesea,
- The ever-trendy Op-Shop Bowling Night,
- Playing Beach Games,
- Amazing Race around Geelong,
- Developing problem solving skills through Escape Room experiences,
- Surf Lessons,
- Zip Lining through tree tops,
- A Formal Dinner,
- Various Mindfulness and reflective activities.
Schoolies in Cambodia
The end of 13 years of school is a significant moment in a young person’s life and schoolies is an important part of celebrating the end of the school years. For our students, we believe that schoolies has the potential to be a life changing experience that provides a stepping stone into the next stage of a young person’s life. With this in mind, we are very excited to once again be offering our Year 12 students an alternative schoolies experience in Cambodia.
- Tours of famous temples such as Ankgor Wat,
- visiting remote villages,
- working for 3 days in an orphanage (or similar project),
- sunning on the beach
- the killing fields museums.
- 14 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 5 dinners
- 13 nights comfortable hotels/lodge
- return economy class flights from Melbourne including all international taxes
- private air conditioned vehicle transfers
- daily drinking water, cold towels and snacks
- sight-seeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- expert bilingual guide
- medical kit
- Mooroolbark College teachers travelling with the group.
Students will need to allow an additional $500 – $1000 to cover spending money, additional meals, passports, travel insurance, visas, medications etc.
In addition students will need to participate in fundraising activities to raise $2,500 (total for the group) for the orphanage project.
Wujiang Senior High School, Suzhou, Jiangsu invited the participants from the Department of Education and Training (DET) Mooroolbark College to visit China on a Cultural study tour .
The participants will arrive in Beijing. The eleven students and two accompanying teachers/adults will visit China for fourteen days. They will undertake a school visit program with Wujiang Senior High School. The program in China will include;
- Cultural program for the Mooroolbark College participants focused on Chinese history, society, cultural development and contemporary issues.
- School visit to Wujiang Senior High School, Suzhou, Jiangsu
The school visit will enable Wujiang Senior High School and Mooroolbark College teachers and students to share their teaching and learning experiences and to reconnect from the previous cultural exchanges.