Parent, Teachers & Citizens Association
The PTCA performs an important function in the College Community and the College encourages parents and guardians to become involved.
Mooroolbark College is proud to be supported by the Mooroolbark College P.T.C.A. The PTCA has been part of the Mooroolbark College Community for over 35Years and performs an important function in the College Community. The PTCA does an outstanding job of supporting the college through the organisation of events and providing timely and valued advice and feedback to the College as well as fundraising.
Because of the significant role played by the PTCA, the College encourages parents and guardians to become involved.
The PTCA meet on the first Tuesday of the month at 7.00pm in the college staffroom.
Aims & Objectives
The aims and objectives of the association are:
- To contribute to the wellbeing of the College community
- To encourage the participation of parents in the life of the College and the education of their children
- To provide opportunities for parents of students to discuss the welfare and the general education policy of the College
- To help in the development of a shared parent view
- To contribute to proposals on College policy and other educational issues to the College Council
- To provide opportunities for parents/guardians to get to know each other and to be informed about their child’s school
- To provide information that enables parents/guardians to extend their understanding of school issues
- To work in co-operation with the College Council and the Principal
- To raise funds for the benefit of the College (optional).
Membership is open to any parent or guardian of a child attending the school or any other interested party.
- Peter Phillips – President
- Deb Alsop – VICE President
- Helen Trewavis – Secretary
- David Johnston – Treasurer
- Peter Philips – PTCA School Council Representative