As part of the College’s commitment to supporting informed pathways choices by students, the Pathways Team in conjunction with the House Leaders and Cluster Leaders operate an extensive course counselling process for students enrolling in Years 9 to 12.
Choosing a pathway is an important decision for a student. However, there is key advice which should be adhered to at all year levels.
Choose a course and subjects based on the following:
- Choose subject which you enjoy.
- Choose subjects which you are good at.
- Choose subjects which will support your future direction.
- If you are going into VCE at Year 11 or 12 check the prerequisite subjects for tertiary courses carefully. Refer to the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website for more information. http://www.vtac.edu.au/who/meeting-prerequisites.html
Don’t choose subjects based on:
- Choices your friends are making.
- Teachers you like/do not like.
Course Counselling Program
|Curriculum Programs||Information Night for Parents and Students||Course Counselling||Course Confirmation|
(Current Year 8 Students)
|Year 9 Information Night||Conducted in class groups over a 2 day period.||All students take part in Course Confirmation in November/December as a means of endorsing their course for the following year.
(Current Year 9 Students)
|Year 10 Pathways Day||Year 10, 11 and 12 Information Night||Conducted in small groups by the student’s Pathways Advisor and Cluster Coordinator or House Leader.|
(Current Year 10 Students)
|Work Related Skills Program
|Individual Appointments made for each student for a joint meeting with their Pathways Advisor and Cluster Leader or House Leader. Parents/guardians are encouraged to attend.|
(Current Year 11 Students)