It’s been a great term to start off the year in Humanities. Our units are well underway with assessments in all year levels showing the great work being undertaken in the faculty. The Year 7 room in the Discovery Centre is coming along nicely with some great History themed displays for each of the units. The team is really looking forward to showcasing off some student work in there to keep building on this. 

Another exciting development in the junior school is the ongoing trial of Edrolo in year 7 geography. A key resource we use in senior school, Edrolo have come to us to help implement a brand new product. They’re rolling this into year 7 Geography first and the college will have free access to the resource to see how it fits into our curriculum. Ms Garnaut’s class have already given this new product a go and I’m excited to see how we can use this interesting new resource in more than just our senior school classes. 

I would also like to highlight the variety of materials and activities that have been taking place in Humanities classrooms this term; from Mr Keogh’s intriguing castle building exercises in Year 8 History to the fantastic local business guest speaker in Mr Coghlan’s Be Your Own Boss class. I’m proud to see this diversity and passion in the faculty and I trust that the students are taking these opportunities to explore the Humanities. I encourage all students to make the most of these classes and to engage with our amazing content as much as possible. 

Wishing everyone a terrific last couple of weeks of the term. 

Alex Scott

HUMANITIES KEY LEARNING HEAD