Happy Term 2 everyone! First things first, I would like to extend a big congratulations to everyone in the Humanities team for the excellent showing at this year’s Open Night. We had a terrific set of displays in place and more importantly we had some excellent interactions with our community – both from our teaching team and from our fantastic student volunteers. 

The Geography room was looking excellent and showed off some of the key tools we use in the subject as well as highlighting the terrific activities and field work that takes place. Commerce was also excellently represented; Mr Stuart and his Share Market Club being a particular standout and a big welcome to Mr Coghlan for his first Open Night with Mooroolbark College. In the History space I would like to thank Ms Williams for her excellent archaeological dig activity which was a great hit – people young and old really appreciated the opportunity to “dig in” and build our Historical skills. 

In our Humanities classrooms things are also progressing really well as we near the final stretch. I’ve been particularly taken with Mr Keogh’s engrossing Lego fortifications that he’s been constructing in Year 8 History. I would urge families and students to make sure they are starting to consider their assessments with this term already at the halfway point. So many of our units will switch over in the new semester and we look forward to celebrating your learning and achievements in your reports. 

It’s going to be a terrific term and I can’t wait to see all the great work we achieve together. 

Alex Scott 

HUMANITIES KEY LEARNING HEAD